Saturday, October 31, 2009

Dog Crates Come In Handy This Halloween

Today is often a strange day for dogs. People are everywhere, roaming the streets dressed up as anything and everything you can imagine. Many dogs get anxious on Halloween with all of this commotion. I try not to allow my dogs to bark at anything and everything, only when it is necessary. But today, they have barked more than I can remember in quite some time. Therefore, it is necessary for the dog crate to do its magic. There's nothing like taking your dogs for a nice long walk to get that pent up energy out and then letting them relax and take a nap in their crate while going to the afternoon Halloween party for your kid. I do have to admit, that was not me this Halloween. I put it off, and after the party, guess what? Barking dogs in my backyard! I always try to do what's best for my dogs and people in my family, but I did not today. I'll have to learn from the human in me. It was a sweet reminder that my dogs needs should be fulfilled every day too. I never use a crate for anything else but a positive experience. After annoying the neighbors for a couple of hours, maybe I should be the one in the dog crate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Comments are Moderated. Please provide useful comments and information. SPAM comments will be deleted.