Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Rudy and the Dog Kennel


I love writing about my dogs. It has brought make some many great memories. Some from my childhood and some from recent experiences. I remember a dog we had named Rudy. He was a German Shorthair I believe. I was very young. It was back in the first days of my memory. We had two dogs at the time. Rudy and Rowdy. Rowdy was a Brittany Spaniel. We had moved to a new house and the entire yard was not fenced off at the time. My dad had built a nice, big chain link kennel for our dogs  to be in when my parents were at work and the kids were at school. Each dog had his own kennel and dog house in the kennel. Rudy was a mischievous mutt. He figured out how to use his nose to lift the latch and open his kennel. The funny thing is he would open his kennel, let himself out, then go let Rowdy out and get in Rowdy's dog kennel and stay there. When we would get home, Rowdy would be running in the yard, Rudy would be staying like a good boy in Rowdy's kennel. The good times ended for him when my father invested in a padlock. The fun memories that dog's bring are priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Comments are Moderated. Please provide useful comments and information. SPAM comments will be deleted.